Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewer
• Fix sms (sms via landline phone) confined to Tehran and Shiraz only and not much developed.
ISNA news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Poul, Abrar Eghtesadi, Zaman, Andisheh No, Eghtesad Pouya, Iranian, Jahan Sanat, Afarinesh, Sarmayeh newspapers and Asr Ertebat weekly magazine published.
• Government most likely to decide on Tamin-Etisalat as Third Operator, but not yet formally announced, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Fars news agency, Iran, Sobh Eghtesad, Vatan Emrouz, Poul, Jahan Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat and Javan newspapers reported.
• ITMC mobile production-line to start if proper situation provided on mobile phone market, Iran Telecommunication Manufacturing Companies managing director said.
Mobna news agency, Sobh Eghtesad, Poul, Fanavaran, Donyay-e Eghtesad and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran sim cards sold online in provinces, MCI managing director said.
Mobna news aency, Abrar Eghtesadi, Jahan Sanat, Poul and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Government proposed that Third Operator project was reassigned to one of tender winners (Tamin of Social Security), Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Mobna news agency, Sarmayeh, Abrar Eghtesadi and Donyay-e Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• The reason for increased mobile price on market last week was severe confrontation with smugglers in western and southern borders.
Mobna news agency, Sarmayeh, Ebtekar and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Following presentation of Iranian computer games at biggest European computer games exhibition Gamescom 2009 western media hailed Iran’s progress in computer games.
ISNA news agency, Poul, Jahan Sanat and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Five funds allocated to information technology development next Iranian year pending parliament approval, Science Ministry official said.
Mehr news agency, Fanavaran, Eghtesad Pouya and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• RCRO should continue its operation along with Communication and Information Technology Ministry, new candidate for ICT Ministry said.
Mobna news agency, Sobh Eghtesad and Poul newspapers reported.
• Merger between Tehran electronic devices vendors union and telecommunication devices vendors union requires Commerce Ministry approval.
Mobna news agency, Sarmayeh and Donyay-e Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Mobile manufacturers should produce new models to supply Third Operator technology requirements, IDRO (Industrial Development and Renovation Organization of Iran) deputy said.
Fars news agency, Sobh Eghtesad and Gostaresh newspapers reported.
• Second mobile shopping center inaugurated to coincide with Eid al-Fitr.
Mobna news agency and Poul newspaper reported.
• Programs by candidate for ICT Ministry attractive to members in different Parliament committees, ICT Ministry Parliamentary deputy said.
Mobna news agency and Sarmayeh newspaper reported.
• New ICT minister should support country’s potentials in ICT.
ISNA news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Service charges via postal ATM devices the same as those at postal centers, Post Office managing director said.
ISNA news agency and Asr Ertebat weekly magazine reported.
• Among most important actions by previous ICT minister, Soleymani, was on demand sale of over one million sim cards per month.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Development in mobile payment service important in reducing future use of cash.
Mehr news agency reported.