Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewer
• 90 percent of cyber criminals aged between 18 and 35 years old, police reported.
Fars news agency. Hamshahri, Fanavaran, Ebtekar, Sarmayeh, Arman, MArdom Salari, Asrar, Poul, Eghtesad Pouya, Khabar and Andisheh No newspapers reported.
• Mobile smugglers import sets via illegal routes and by changing serial number or ID number make them active.
ISNA news agency, Jomhouri, Iran, Sarmayeh, Fanavaran, Ebtekar, Sobh Eghtesad, Arman, Abrar Eghtesadi and Iranian newspapers reported.
• Iran’s internet speed among lowest in the world despite current ICT minister slogan when seeking backing from MPs.
ILNA news agency, Sobh Eghtesad, Zaman, Abrar, Tehran Emrouz, Jahan Eghtesad, Asrar, Abrar Eghtesadi and Arman newspapers reported.
• Telecommunication Company of Iran trade logo at bourse opened this week.
ISNA news agency, Iran, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Tehran Emrouz, Etemad, Fanavaran, Hadaf o Eghtesad and Poul newspapers reported.
• Lab to test and evaluate IPV6 and IPV4 equipments in transfer network inaugurated for the first time in Iran at Sharif industrial university.
Mobna, IRNA and ISNA news agencies, Fanavaran, Jahan Sanat, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• According to Mobile Company of Iran operation report during ninth government’s first year there were 16,181,000 postpaid sim cards subscribers and 16,111,000 prepaid sim cards subscribers.
Fars, IRNA and ISNA news agencies, Fanavaran and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• With start of Ramadan, no of mobile market shoppers have decreased substantially.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Javan, Sarmayeh, Poul and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Melli Bank internet service security boosted by digital signature, Melli Bank director said.
Fars news agency, Ebtekar, Andisheh No, Gostaresh and Asrar newspapers reported.
• Proposed candidate for ICT ministry announced 10th government’s main goals in telecommunication are removing government administrative roles, improving operators’ performance, RCRO independency and cutting internet costs.
Mobna news agency, Iran, Poul and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• New ICT minister should have clear policy in creating competitive market and developing information technology, TCI managing director believes.
ISNA News agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Poul and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Getting MPs backing for new ICT ministry candidate depends on the way he defends his programs, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Mobna news agency, Poul and Eghtesad Pouya newspapers reported.
• Parliament industries and mines committee member described some MPs opinions on programs by ICT ministry candidate.
Mobna news agency and Jahan Sanat newspaper reported.
• New ICT ministry candidate appeared in Parliament Aug 24 to describe his programs, Parliament industries and mines committee spokesman said.
IRNA news agency and Gostaresh newspaper reported.
• TCI net profit expected at 4.587 trillion rials.
ISNA news agency and Asr Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Domestic manufacture of ITMC mobile sets prevents spread of mobile set smuggling.
SITNA news agency and Poul newspaper reported.
• Figures show installation of mobile phone and its penetration rate had 371 and 702 percent growth respectively.
Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• Following cut in data transfer tariff from 30,000 rials to 10,000 rials, provincial telecommunication companies ordered to refund surplus charge to subscribers.
Fars news agency and Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• General Inspection Organization to audit Tehran telecommunication and postal bureaus services.
Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• Offer of wireless internet service by some companies on a trial basis, Radio Communication and Regulations Organization head said.
Fars news agency and Iran Asr newspaper reported.
• Fix sms service launched in Shiraz to pave way for landline phone sms, Fars Telecommunication Company managing director said.
IRNA news agency and Etelaat newspaper reported.
• Parliament likely to support Reza Taghipour for Information and Communication Technology Ministry, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Internet television service launched in near future.
Fars news agency reported.