Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewer
• Bill payment via mobile phone (mobile banking) not yet serious and other ways to pay bills are via 1818 telephone system, ATM terminals, internet and Telephone Bank.
ISNA news agenc, Fanavaran, Abrar Eghtesadi, Hambastegi, Jahan Sanat, Javan, Rah-e Mardom, Abrar and Poul newspapers reported.
• From next Oct only mobile sets and radio devices which have SAR test certificate can receive import license from valid international labs, head of RCRO engineering and international affairs center said.
ISNA and Mobna news agencies, Sarmayeh, Jahan Sanat, Poul, Abrar Eghtesadi and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran MMS (multimedia messaging) is to establish interconnection with other mobile phone operators, MCI director said.
Mobna news agency, Sarmayeh, Jahan Sanat, Fanavaran, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• Request by electronic devices and telecommunication devices union referred to Guild Affairs session under review, Tehran electronic devices vendors’ union head said.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Sarmayeh, Poul and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Telecommunication Company of Iran block share buyers not offered any proposition so far, Privatization Organization deputy said.
ISNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat and Sarmayeh newspapers reported.
• Russian operator Megafon officially denied receiving Third Operator license on its website.
ISNA news agency, Fanavaran, Sobh Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat and Donyay-e Eghtesad newspapers reported
• Tamin-Telecom second participation in Third Operator tender requires legal interpretation, Radio Communication and Regulations Organization license issuance deputy announced.
Mobna news agency, Fanavaran, Sobh Eghtesad and Javan newspapers reported.
• ICT Ministry’s attention to its main duties among its reasons in merger with Transportation Ministry goals which will ease optical fiber problem, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Fars news agency, Fanavaran, Poul and Javan newspapers reported.
• Information Technology Development Plan for this Iranian year compiled and decreed, Data company official said.
ISNA news agency, Fanavaran, Asr Eghtesad and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Pushing forward NGN (next generation network) in management and network sectors is among Research Center goals this year, ICT research center communication technology sector head said.
ISNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi, Sobh Eghtesad and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• Post Office has offered three new services: Electronic Markets, Personal Stamp and Combinative Post.
Mobna news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• By omitting government complex regulations after Telecommunication Company of Iran privatization, Mobile Company of Iran cooperation with private companies will increase, MCI subscriptions and marketing deputy announced.
Mobna news agency, Sarmayeh and Poul newspapers reported.
• There were 23 million internet users in first quarter of this Iranian year (beginning March 2009), Information Technology managing director said.
IRNA news agency and Javan newspaper reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran published two invitations to offer value-added services by active operators. So far 40 companies announced their willingness to take part in this project, MCI official said.
Fars news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• National conference on Mobile Government to be held in Mashad city aiming to develop information and communication technology services.
Mobna news agency reported.
• All Nokia mobile sets imported from Nokia plant in China, Kamal Electronic Company sale manager said.
Mobna news agency reported.