Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewers
• Changes in market led to drop in Telecommunication Company of Iran share price. TCI had excess revenue from sms but now it does not have it, Telecommunication Company of Iran managing director said.
ISNA news agency, Iran, Sarmayeh, Vatan Emrouz, Abrar Eghtesadi, Jahan Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat, Poul, Gostaresh, Fanavaran, Etemad and Aftab newspapers reported.
• For the first time from June 22, companies’ tax declarations in Tehran will be completed electronically and sent to tax bureaus, and from next year this will be the practice countrywide.
ISNA news agency, Hamshahri, Etelaat, Jam-Jam, Ebtekar, Hemayat, Eghtesad Pouya, Jahan Eghtesad, Jahan Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat, Poul, Fanavaran and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Parliament and ICT ministry have decided to refer Third Operator dossier to Cabinet, Information and Communication Technology deputy-minister announced.
IRNA news agency, Etelaat, Hemayat, Vatan Emrouz, Jahan Eghtesad and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• High-speed internet and mobile phone are key to economic growth in developing countries, World Bank announced.
ISNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi, Eghtesad Pouya, Jahan Sanat, Tafahom and Etemad newspapers reported.
• The Ministry of Information and Communication Technology has invited consortia of domestic companies and foreign consultants with financial ability to participate in Third Operator project, Parliament’s mines and industries spokesman said.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Sarmayeh, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• ICT research center’s filtering project is at research stage. Contracts will be signed with universities on the issue, Information and Communication Technology deputy-minister announced.
ISNA news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Sarmayeh, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• Rural ICT (information and communication technology) offices website set up at www.eroosta.ir.
Mobna and IRNA news agencies, Abrar Eghtesadi and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran invitation to domestic companies for implementation of Amin (GPS enabled) and Ghasedak (sms only) sim cards projects.
Mobna, ILNA and ISNA news agencies, Abrar Eghtesadi and Eghtesad Pouya newspapers reported.
• More than 62 percent of rural communities in South Khorasan Province have access to internet, South Khorasan Province Telecommunication Company’s managing director said.
Mobna and Iscanews news agencies, Poul and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• As Kuwait’s Zain has not accepted Third Operator terms after a 10-day deadline, the project has been referred to Government to make decision on the project, Parliament’s mines and industries committee member said.
Fars news agency, Tehran Emrouz and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• Telecom service bureaus’ online network for charging Mobile Company of Iran prepaid sim cards launched, their union announced.
Mobna news agency and Donyay-e Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Fiber-optic cable network environment support Act decreed to Telecommunication Infrastructure Company.
SITNA news agency and Iran newspaper reported.
• Mobile market insiders believe mobile set trade increased dramatically since last month.
Mobna news agency and Jahan Sanat newspaper reported.
• Drop in demand for second-hand mobile set, market insiders announce.
Mobna news agency and Poul newspaper reported.
• Laptop market likely to florish from September
Mobna news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• Third Operator tender dossier sent to Cabinet for final decision, Parliament’s mines and industries committee member said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Digital signature implemented in Iran investment market for the first time by Nahayat Negar stock brokers, its managing director said.
Etelaat newspaper reported.
• Purchase of passive telecommunication equipments (equipments with electronic circuits) not to be done along with that of active equipments (those without electronic circuits), organizing council for support of Telecommunication Company of Iran production announced.
ISNA news agency and Fanavaran newspaper reported.