Six million mobile phone line equipments project deadline extended

Tehran, June 24. MOBNA – Although it was previously planned that equipment production for six million mobile phone lines would end this month, the deadline has been extended to the end of this year (Iranian), Iran Telecommunication Manufacturing Companies managing director said.

“After negotiation between Mobile Company of Iran, as project commissioner, and Communication Development consortium, the deadline to deliver six million mobile phone line equipments has been extended,” Ebrahim Motale’ told Mobna news agency.
The six million mobile phone line equipments project, in line with the 4th phase of Mobile Company of Iran network development to produce equipments such as BTS antennas, antenna and radio for six million mobile phone lines, was contracted to a consortium compromising of six domestic companies. But since the consortium could not finish the project in time the contract was extended to July 22.     
“So far, Mobile Communication Development consortium has delivered 1,100 of the 3,700 committed sites. It has been agreed that MCI grants Consortium one extra year to complete the project,” Motale’ said. 
Consortium officials claim that production license was granted in January 2009 and, therefore, they started work on that basis and in fact both two sides had delayed in completing the project.
113/19