Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewers
Saderat Bank customers last month paid 925,000 utility bills through electronic services.
Moj news agency, Jomhouri, Ebtekar, Javan, Jahan Eghtesad, Poul, Sobh Eghtesad, Hadaf o Eghtesad, Siyasat Rouz, Eghtesad Pouya, Tafahom and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• By the end of summer the capacity to sell 270,000 rural sim cards will be provided, Khoozestan Province Telecommunication Company managing director said.
Mobna, Fars, ISNA, ILNA and Moj news agencies, Iran, Poul, Sobh Eghtesad, Siyasat Rouz, Abrar Eghtesadi and Hemayat newspapers reported.
• Instructions on offering facilities and equipments to PAP companies will be duly issued to provincial Telecommunication Companies, Telecommunication Company of Iran managing director said.
Mobna news agency, Iran, Abrar Eghtesadi, Poul, Khorasan and Sarmayeh newspapers reported.
• Home filtering software to be offered free of charge within next two months, Information Dissemination Council’s technical deputy announced.
Mobna news agency, Iran, Abrar Eghtesadi, Poul, Khorasan and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• New facilities and equipments to be purchased and installed by end of this Iranian year (March 2010) in order to improve country’s frequency space, Radio Communication and Regulations Organization official said.
ISNA news agency, Sarmayeh, Sobh Eghtesad, Eghtesad Pouya, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• Privatization of Second Operator MTN-IranCell needs to be monitored by Ministry of Information and Communication Technology, Privatization Organization president said.
Mobna news agency, Javan and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Comprehensive ICT (Information and Communication Technology) bill has not been officially presented to Parliament but is necessary, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
IRNA news agency, Vatan Emrouz and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported..
• National forum on rural ICT to be held on 28-29 July in Tehran.
IRNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi and Javan newspapers reported.
• In next two weeks, program to increase “.ir” portal capacity, its service and guidelines will be issued, Information Technology Company’s managing director said.
Fars news agency, Sobh Eghtesad and Poul newspapers reported.
• Optical fiber network environment protection regulation prepared in next three months, Telecommunication Infrastructure Company managing director said.
ISNA news agency, Sarmayeh and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Rural stock brokers’ insurance bill has legal problem, Parliament telecommunication committee head said.
Mobna news agency and Sobh-e Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Annual meeting of 30 provincial telecommunication companies held on June 22 for a week, Telecommunication Company of Iran managing director announced.
Mobna news agency and Poul newspaper reported.
• Mobile market needs 23 million new injections every year, managing director of Fitco, official distributor of Motorola mobile sets, announced.
Mobna news agency and Sarmayeh newspaper reported.
• Hardware and accessories market to be launched at Kish IT tower, tower’s information technology manager said.
ISNA news agency and Tafahom newspaper reported.
• 6th exhibition of Electronic, Computer and Office Machines to be held July 16-20 in Mazandaran Province, Mazandaran Computer Guild Union head said.
Mehr news agency and Zaman newspaper reported.
• To facilitate mobile phone users’ access to internet, value-added services such as NGN network will soon come into operation, Telecommunication Company of Iran managing director said.
Mehr news agency and Etelaat newspaper reported.
• Shiraz E-tower supports ICT (Information and Communication Technology) projects, E-tower managing director said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Yazd Province Telecommunication Company ranked first in Iran in long distance communication, Yazd Telecommunication Company announced.
IRNA news agency reported.