Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewers
• Mobile import decreased 40 percent in first two months of current Iranian year (as of 21 March 2009) as compared to same period last year.
ISNA news agency, Jam-e Jam, Etelaat, Jomhouri, Abrar, Tehran Emrouz, Tafahom, Abrar Eghtesadi, Farhang Ashti, Ghods, Sarmayeh, Rah-e Mardom, Ebtekar, Afarinesh, Khabar, Fanavaran and Kar o Karegar newspapers reported.
• With the expectation of a cut in Telecommunication Company Iran revenue as a result of recent mobile network disorders, there is not much demand for its shares on the stock exchange and the fall in its stock prices has intensified in recent days.
ILNA news agency, Jahan Sanat, Hezbollah, Eghtesad Pouya, Jahan Eghtesad, Asr Eghtesad, Sobh Eghtesad, Seday-e Edalat and Kar o Karegar newspapers reported.
• Some Mobile Company of Iran prepaid sim cards remain inactive two weeks after purchase and the company has not fulfilled its commitment on connecting them.
IRNA news agency, Iran, Hamshahri, Sobh Eghtesad, Poul, Etemad Melli, Javan, Jahan Sanat and Hezbollah newspapers reported.
• Melli Bank’s internet banking system has 69,294 members.
Borna news agency, Jahan Eghtesad, Abrar Eghtesadi, Fanavaran, Poul, Rah-e Mardom, Ebtekar, Eghtesad Pouya and Tafahom newspapers reported.
• The comprehensive university electronic training program has been carried out in pilot form at the Payam-e Noor University.
ISNA news agency, Sarmayeh, Jahan Sanat, Eghtesad Pouya, Tafahom, Fanavaran, Abrar Eghtesadi and Poul newspapers reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization will pursue selling off 21 percent of the foreign-Iranian operator MTN-IranCell shares on Bourse, RCRO official said.
Mobna news agency, Poul, Fanavaran, Javan, Abrar Eghtesadi, Donyay-e Eghtesad and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• As many as 3,500 landline subscribers use landline sms, Tehran Province Telecommunication Company managing director said.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Fanavaran, Sobh Eghtesad, Abrar Eghtesadi, Javan and Poul newspapers reported.
• The budget allocated to the Customs Organization’s information technology project is less than 10 billion rials, its program and planning deputy said.
ISNA news agency, Iran, Fanavaran, Sarmayeh, Poul, Jahan Eghtesad and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Telecommunication Company of Iran general assembly will solve PAP (high-speed internet providers) companies’ problems in the coming week, TCI managing director said.
Mobna news agency, Poul, Sarmayeh, Khorasan, Sobh Eghtesad and Asr Ertebat weekly magazine reported.
• Companies may operate anywhere in the country by receiving (ISDP) national license, , communication services license issue chief manager said.
ISNA news agency, Eghtesad Pouya, Abrar Eghtesadi, Sobh Eghtesad and Poul newspapers reported.
• Soroush Hamrah Resaneh Company to transmit mass MMS (multi media messages), the company managing director said.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Fanavaran and Poul newspapers reported.
• Software and telecommunication protocols have not yet become customized, computer guild union vice president said.
Mehr news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Sobh Eghtesad and Shahrvand newspapers reported.
• Isfahan mobile phone operator Espadan is in the process of choosing a contractor to install its Wimax service equipments and China seems likely to implement the project, Espadan managing director said.
Mobna news agency and Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• Rural ICT office development will bring knowledge-based development, parliament cultural committee member said.
Fars news agency and Kar o Karegar newspaper reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran imports most of its sim card main parts (chips) from France and China, Telecommunication Company of Iran chief said.
Mobna news agency, Khorasan and Fanavaran newspapers reported.