Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewers
• Landline and mobile phone networks will be merged after NGN (next generation network) has been launched, Telecommunication Company of Iran chairman of board of directors said.
Mobna, IRNA and Mehr news agencies, Iran, Javan, Etelaat, Zaman, Vatan Emrouz, Poul and Kaenat newspapers reported.
• We still do not have acceptable standards on NGN (next generation network), Telecommunication Company of Iran chairman of board of directors said, pointing to NGN international training workshop which is being held in collaboration with ITU and Iran research center.
Mehr, ISNA and Moj news agencies, Hamshahri, Hemayat, Jahan Sanat, Faqnavaran, Andisheh no and Sarmayeh newspapers reported.
• The interconnection issue between Telecommunication Company of Iran and IranCell can be solved by mutual agreement, TCI managing director said.
ISNA news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Jahan Sanat, Sarmayeh, Andisheh No, Fanavaran, Poul and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Most of this year’s Post Office budget is to be dedicated to postal services and its development, Information and Communication Technology ministry announced.
IRNA news agency, Poul, Jahan Sanat and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Internet connection in Iran has slowed down dramatically.
Mobna news agency, Poul and Khorasan newspapers reported.
• The proposal for a merger of unions of audio-visual vendors and telecommunication equipments vendors, which has been decreed by the union guild association, is currently on the table, head of mobile sets and accessories vendors’ union announced.
Mobna news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• With summer approaching, the mobile market will be thriving with increased demands, market insiders predicted.
Mobna news agency, Iran and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Value added services have been set as future goal of Telecommunication Company of Iran, TCI’s chairman of board of directors announced.
ISNA news agency, Jahan Eghtesad and Andishe No newspapers reported.
• A day before the 10th presidential election on 11 June mobile phone subscribers sent a record 200 million sms messages.
Fars news agency and Khorasan newspaper reported.
• Iran’s position in International Telecommunication union ranking has risen four steps, Telecommunication Company of Iran chief said.
Mobna news agency and Etelaat newspaper reported.
• Second international exhibition on electronic, computer, office automation, telecommunication, e-trade and digital media will be held 30 June to 3 July in Qazvin Province.
Mobna news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• Iran’s average landline phone penetration rate is 70 percent higher than world average which is 20 percent, Telecommunication Company of Iran managing board member said.
Mehr news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• A team is studying the current disorder in sms network and has not yet found the cause, Telecommunication Company of Iran PR announced.
Mehr news agency and Farhang Ashti newspapers reported.
• ITU (International Telecommunication Union) has asked Information and Communication Technology ministry to set up security workshops in information services and data transfer.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization commission in its 64th meeting has approved SLA (service Level Agreement) regulations for transferring communication links, RCRO official announced.
Mobna news agency reported.
• International NGN training workshop was inaugurated on 14 June in cooperation with ITU and TCI Research Center.
Moj news agency reported.