Daily summary of Iran’s top mobile news for international viewers
• Iranian subscribers sent 110 million sms message in final days before 10th presidential election, which shows a 69 percent growth compared to ordinary days.
Fars news agency, Jahan Sanat, Vatan Emrouz, Javan, Rahe Mardom, Hayat No and Ebtekar newspapers reported.
• Most of this year’s Post Office budget is to be dedicated to postal services and its development, Information and Communication Technology ministry announced.
Abrar Eghtesadi, Andishe No, Ebtekar, Eghtesad Pouya, Jahan Sanat and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• A team is studying current sms network disorder. The cause of the disorder has not yet been determined, Telecommunication Company of Iran PR chief announced.
Mehr news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Seday-e Edalat, Khorasan, Jahan Sanat and Hayat No newspapers reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization commission in its 64th meeting approved SLA (service Level Agreement) regulations for transferring communication links, RCRO official said.
Mobna and ISNA news agencies, Sarmayeh, Abrar Eghtesadi, Jahan Sanat and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Guardian Council has not backed parliament’s approval of Telecommunication rural stock brokers and ruled it was against current law.
Fars news agency, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Etemad Melli, Hadaf O Eghtesad and Asr Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Tehran municipality will soon launch location systems on the basis of Tehran digital maps for Tehran residents, Tehran municipality ICT organization managing director said.
ISNA news agency, Fanavaran, Jahan Sanat, Andishe No and Tafahom newspapers reported.
• Disorders occurring in all sms networks starting June 11 still continue.
Mobna news agency, Ebtekar, Abrar Eghtesadi and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• Number portability service (changing operator without the need to change mobile phone number) is a complex task and needs serious thought, Information and Communication Technology deputy-minister announced.
ISNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi, Jahan Sanat and Sarmayeh newspapers reported.
• Four years have passed since Irancell received its license. It was planned that the operator would become a private company after two years when it sold its shares on bourse. However, this has not happened and it is a breach of law, Information and Communication Technology’s former minister said.
Mobna news agency, Javan and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization has not progressed according to schedule and cannot determine Third Operator tender winner, Information and Communication Technology deputy-minister said.
Mobna news agency, Fanavaran and Hayat No newspapers reported.
• Communication networks such as sms, telephone and internet are people’s rights and cannot be disconnected, former minister of Information and Communication Technology said.
ILNA news agency and Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• Virtual offices have been launched in Shiraz E-tower. By allocating a private mobile phone number to each company, they are now able to receive fax and voice messages and also use automatic answering machines without a need for a secretary, E-tower managing director announced.
Mobna news agency and Sarmayeh newspaper reported.
• Telecom Accessories union is currently in negotiation with government officials over permission to sell mobile sets, the union’s vice president said.
Mobna news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• The only way to save the chaotic mobile market is to cut its import tariff to four percent, head of electronic device vendors union said.
Mobna news agency and Javan newspaper reported.
• A draft document of open source software (Linux) has been presented to Information Technology company, Information and Communication Technology ministry official said.
Mobna news agency and Hayat No newspaper reported.
• The bill to protect optical fiber network environment has passed its final approval by parliament and sent to the Guardian Council.
SITNA news agency and Hayat No newspaper reported.
• Third international exhibition and festival of digital media is to be held in Tehran’s Mosalla around Oct 1, Ministry of Culture & Islamic Guidance digital media and information technology development center deputy said.
Fars news agency reported.
• Post office has expanded its international cooperation with neighbor countries.
SITNA news agency reported.