Daily summary of Iran’s top Mobile news for international viewers
• Although Telecommunication Company of Iran had earlier announced that there would be no disorder in sms network on the day of tenth presidential election, some network disorder was reported on June 11 when no one could send sms at all.
ISNA, ILNA and IRNA news agencies, Keyhan, Komhouri, Sedaye Edalat, Mardom Salari, Khabar, Abrar Eghtesadi, Hayat No, Etemad Melli, Fanavaran, Jahan Eghtesad, Sarmayeh, Aftab, Jahan Sanat and Andishe No newspapers reported.
• Telecommunication Company of Iran will officially announce in due course the real cause of sms disconnection, TCI PR head said.
IRNA, Mehr and ISNA news agencies, Hamshahri, Keyhan, Etemad Melli, Poul, Sarmayeh, Asr Eghtesad, Donyay-e Eghtesad, Ebtekar, Jahan Sanat and Zaman newspapers reported.
• Since Telecommunication Company of Iran is undergoing privatization and has already received its license, any change in its tariffs could only be approved by Radio Communication and Regulations Organization commission.
ISNA news agency, Jomhouri, Zaman, Kaenat, Sobh Eghtesad, Eghtesad Pouya, Abrar Eghtesadi, Fanavaran and Poul newspapers reported.
• Although Iran needs 10 million high-speed internet ports, according to the Fifth Economic Development Plan (2005-2010), high-speed internet is not available in some parts of Tehran.
ISNA news agency, Arman, Jahan Eghtesad, Andishe No, Abrar Eghtesadi and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• A second conference on “mobile phone, its challenges and outlooks” will be held on July 21 at Iran Broadcasting Corporation’s main theater.
ISNA news agency, Jahan Sanat, Sarmayeh, Tafahom and Poul newspapers reported.
• The Virtual Hospital project’s database has been completed and its software is being prepared, Jahad University’s Tehran Medical Sciences branch announced.
ISNA news agency, Sarmayeh, Fanavaran and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Communication Service Bureaus union submitted its complaint regarding Radio Communication and Regulations Organization’s decision to the Administration Court of Justice two days ago, the union’s president announced.
IRNA news agency, Sobh Eghtesad, Poul, Fanavaran and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• High-speed internet penetration rate in Iran stands at four percent, Information and Communication Technology deputy-minister announced.
Mobna news agency, Karo o Karegar and Asr Ertebat newspapers reported.
• “We intend to extend our cooperation with Islamic countries by becoming a member in some regional unions in information technology fields,” Information Technology Company’s managing director said.
Mehr news agency, Shahrvand and Javan newspapers reported.
• Sms messages in the tenth presidential election campaigns have not been able to change people’s opinions on candidates, Mobna news agency and Donyay-e Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Taliya prepaid sim price cut welcomed: mobile set vendors.
Mobna news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization’s official website hacked.
Mobna news agency and Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• The first conference on computer data transfer vulnerability has been held at Telecommunication Company of Iran’s research center on June 10.
Fanavaran newspaper reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization should develop its Wimax network (high-speed wireless internet) in such a way that PAP companies issue is not repeated once again.
ISNA news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization has destroyed 12,190 illegal wireless telephones in Iran, an RCRO official said.
ILNA news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• An electronic system to issue industrial and mines licenses has been launched for the first time at Industries and Mines ministry, the secretary to its ICT council said.
IRNA news agency and Etelaat newspaper reported.
• Most projects in information and communication technology have been postponed till after the presidential election.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Information and Communication Technology minister announced that during Ahmadinejad government on average one million sim cards have been sold every month and figures show that three national operators, namely MCI, Taliya and MTN-Irancell have sold in total 47 million sim cards.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Iran presidential candidates used the internet extensively during their campaigns, Qatar Al Jazeera television channel reported.
IRNA news agency reported.