Daily summary of Iran’s top Mobile news for international viewers
• President Ahmadinejad has accused another presidential candidate (Mehdi Karroubi) on a television program of having paid 200 billion rials towards his sms campaign, the charge denied by Telecommunication Company of Iran.
ILNA news agency, Jomhouri, Poul, Jahan Eghtesad, Etemad Meli, Andishe No, Fanavaran, Khorasan, Zaman, Hayat No, Ghods, Donyaye Eghtesad, Hadaf o Eghtesad, Asr Eghtesad, Sobh Eghtesad and Aftab Yazd newspapers reported.
• Domestic mobile set manufactures do their own manufacturing and will not become agents of foreign brands, mobile phone manufacturers union head said.
Mobna news agency, Fanavaran, Poul and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Without paying much attention to the current atmosphere in Iran, if you choose Google search to find out what topics the Iranians have chosen in the past 30 days you will come up with some interesting titbits.
Mehr news agency, Fanavaran, Eghtesad Pouya and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• During present government, more than 4,000 kilometers of optical fiber has been installed in East Azerbaijan Province, information and communication technology minister said.
IRNA, Iscanews, Fars and Mobna news agencies, Abrar Eghtesadi, Poul and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Parliament’s head of telecommunication committee proposed a renewal of Third Operator tender and indicated that it was the best option in the current situation.
IRNA news agency, Hamshahri and Jam-e Jam newspapers reported.
• Domestic mobile set production will continue, domestic manufacturer Emad Semiconductors’ managing director announced.
Mobna news agency, Sobh Eghtesad and Poul newspapers reported.
• An electronic system to issue industrial and mines licenses has been launched for the first time in mines and industries ministry, the ministry information technology council secretary said.
IRNA news agency, Abrar Eghtesadi and Gostaresh newspapers reported.
• More broadband is needed to offer mobile phone 3G advanced and variant services, Kohkeluyeh and Booyer Ahmad province Telecommunication Company managing director said.
ISNA news agency, Poul and Jahan Sanat newspapers reported.
• Information Technology industry needs a serious revision for industrial development.
ILNA news agency, Asr Eghtesad and Fanavaran newspapers reported.
• 70 basic governmental services will be offered electronically by ministries and governmental organization by 2012, information technology development group head said.
IRNA news agency, Sobh Eghtesad and Abrar Eghtesadi newspapers reported.
• Internet and sms network will not be disconnected on presidential Election Day, Tehran public prosecutor deputy announced.
Resalat and Javan newspapers reported.
• Fourth Development Plan (2005-2010) goals about rural telecommunication development have been achieved completely, telecommunication ministry announced,
Fars and Borna news agencies, Sarmayeh and Sobh Eghtesad newspapers reported.
• Mobile Company of Iran postpaid subscribers have three weeks to pay their mobile phone bill, MCI announced by sending sms to subscribers.
Mobna news agency and Ebtakar newspaper reported.
• Tehran municipality data center will be launched by 21 June, Tehran municipality ICT organization managing director said.
ISNA news agency and Sarmayeh newspaper reported.
• 700 billion rials credit has been dedicated to telecommunication research center for research activities in this Iranian year, telecommunication ministry official said.
Fars news agency and Sarmayeh newspaper reported.
• Next Generation Network (NGN) training workshop will be held in Telecommunication Research Center in Iran from 14 until 18 June.
Iscanews, ILNA and Mobna news agencies and Poul newspaper reported.
• Deadline of offering Telecommunication Company investigation committee report to parliament public session is not determined, mines and industries commission spokesman said.
Mobna news agency and Jahan Sanat newspaper reported.
• Telecommunication Infrastructure Company has performed 150 percent of its programs in Fourth Development Plan (2005-2010).
SITNA news agency and Sobh Eghtesad newspaper reported.
• Radio Communication and Regulations Organization spoiled 12,190 illegal wireless telephones in Iran, RCRO official said.
ISNA news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• We intend to increase our cooperation with Islamic countries in information technology field by membership in IT regional unions, Information Technology company managing director said.
Mehr news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• Sending sms during the presidential candidates’ television debates has increased 38 percent.
Fars news agency and Abrar Eghtesadi newspaper reported.
• Zain-Iran consortium requested 10-day deadline to study conditions, Radio Communication and Regulations Organization head announced.
Fars news agency and Farhang Ashti newspaper reported.
• Information and communication technology comprehensive program was set in Ahmadinejad government education ministry.
Fars news agency and Iran newspaper reported.
• Launching electronic trades in commodity bourse needs telecommunication infrastructure, commodity bourse future contracts manager said.
ISNA news agency and Gostaresh newspaper reported.
• First conference on data transfer security vulnerabilities field aims to develop technical and management knowledge of computer crimes will be held in telecommunication research center on 10-11 June.
Tehran Emrouz newspaper reported.
• Privatization Organization deadline to sell off Telecommunication Company share by the end of this Iranian year (20 March 2010). So TCI will not have governmental share any more by next Iranian year, Privatization Organization Deputy said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• Post bank started Second stage of distributing justice share in villages, post bank justice share payment headquarter head said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• LG brand mobile sets have been welcomed well because of their cheapness and high features, market insiders said.
Mobna news agency reported.
• GSM-WLL (rural mobile phone site) will be implemented as biggest Iran telecommunication project in Eastern Azerbaijan province, the province telecommunication managing director said.
Fars news agency reported.
• Selling off 28 percent of Telecommunication shares to foreign investors has been studied and should be finalized by economic minister, Privatization Organization head said.